July 22, 2015

Kinder Tribe: All About Me!

I am so exited to announce that I am part of the Kinder Tribe. It is so nice to be part of a group of teachers who can share ideas and collaborate!


Name: I most commonly answer to: Carrie, Carolyn, Ms. Sullivan, or Mrs. Whaley. 

Teaching in Kinder: I have taught Kinder for 6 year...but I am currently the Lead Teacher at my school.

I can't live without my: Mac Book Pro. This is easily the best thing I have ever purchased. In college, I was typing on my computer in the bagel shop and half my keys/keyboard flew off my computer. Literally across the room. That night I purchased my first MacBook Pro and I haven't looked back since. Even when my first one broke after 6 years. I drove to the Apple store that night and picked another one up-- within hours. 

Favorite School Supply: Paper Mate Flair Pens hands down. I love these pens for everything. I use them for my calendar, planner, to do lists, notes. 

Favorite Kinder Book: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom will always be one of my favorite. During the first few weeks of kindergarten I read this book. I always let my kids know that if they are good all week we  can watch the video. The video I have from Scholastic (link to Scholastic video but check you tube too!) its like 6 minutes long and my kids love it! I also love Pete...but really who doesn't? All Pete books live in or on my easel, for easy reading access when we have a few minutes here and there. We read them all-- all seasons all the time!

Favorite Kinder Blog: Miss Kindergarten is one of the first blogs I ever started reading! Even though you did not ask.... A Teeny Tiny Teacher is my favorite first grade blog.

I love kindergarten because... teaching kids to read is my passion. I love having kids walk into my classroom on the first day of school not knowing their letters. On the first day in the parent pick up line many kids cannot identify their last name. But on the last day they are reading AND loving it. The only thing better then teaching kids to read is teaching kids to reading while learning love reading. There is nothing better then that and that is why I love kindergarten!



10 comments:

  1. I love both my MacBook Pro and my flair pens. In fact I had to make a second trip to the store last night because a friend sent me a picture of limited edition flair pens. Of course, I had to go run and buy them. :)

    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my MacBook Pro! Best purchase ever. I also love Pete the Cat. The kids love him. We sang Rocking in my School Shoes at our kinder graduation this year!

    Jen
    Teaching with Chevron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just second year teacher, so K & teaching is all new to me! It was so neat to see kids from knowing no letters and sounds to be able to read Level D books! Amazing! The growth was so much fun to witness. Love my MacBookPro, Flair Pens, Chicka, and Pete! They make K and life so much better :)

    Taylor
    Days in Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Kindergarten is one of my favorites too!! What is a Kindergarten teacher WITHOUT Flair Pens and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom?!? Thanks for linking up with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so amazing to see your little learner's light bulb go off and hear them read their very first sentence fluently! Little moments like that remind me why I teach! Thank you so much for sharing!!
    Kimberlee
    It’s Kinder Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie! So excited to meet you & be part of our new "kinder family"! I'm really looking forward to sharing & collaborating with you and our "tribe"! Thanks for linking up!
    Annie Veas ~ The Learning Studio Bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie! It seems like we have A LOT in common! I love flair pens and I buy a new set every time I see new colors! Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is my favorite book to read and Miss Kindergarten is the first blog I started reading! Ah twins! It was so nice to find you on the Kinder Tribe and read more about you! I can't wait to collaborate with you more!

    Kristina
    Sweet for Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for flair pens! Pretty sure teachers are keeping Papermate in business:) I love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom too. Such a great book!

    Ashley
    The Pink and Paisley Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I commented on your Five for Friday post and while looking over your blog found Kinder Tribe so I had to click on it (will link up later)! I also love those pens AND I also find A Teeny Tiny Teacher one of my fav 1st grade blogs too!

    Chrissy
    Little Gingergarten

    ReplyDelete