The saying it has to get worse before it gets better was the understatement of the century when my overhaul began.
I started by taking everything out of my closet and deciding whether to keep it or give it away. I knew I had a lot of stuff in my closet that I would never use, that others might. Starting here gave me a fresh slate!
Then over the summer, I started slowing brining things into my classroom and tackling one section at a time. Luckily I work at a year round school and my sister is at a regular calendar school. Which means I employed her for a few days and then went to her school to help her!
We started by changing out my alphabet above my word wall. I purchased the alphabet from Kinder Craze on TPT. I loved the way it made my back wall pop and could hardly wait to update the word wall!
Even just adding the black paper made a difference! Layering bulletin board paper is a struggle but so worth it in the end!
We decided for seriously long areas like my word wall that we would lay it down across the carpet, staple it together then put it on the board. It worked like a charm! If you decide to do the layer look. Pay careful attention to the corners-- that is where it gets tricky!
Another glittering project at home and I am ready for a full reveal of my classroom!
Check back for more classroom pictures!